The Gourmet Campers
We are a family of FOUR that loves travelling, exploring new places, and enjoying live events.
The blog is less about ‘gourmet’, but sometimes we do overdo our camping culinary experiences.
Please enjoy and subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
- The twelve grapes of luckThe Twelve Grapes (las doce uvas de la suerte) is a Spanish tradition that consists of eating a grape with each of the twelve clock bell strikes at midnight of December 31 to welcome the New Year. Each grape and clock bell strike represents each of the coming twelve months. This one we did during hotel quarantine (covid related) in Sydney, Australia @adina.
- Why visiting Lake Mungo (NSW, Australia) may not be worthy your timeVisiting Lake Mungo in Australia may not be worthwhile for a few reasons. While this may be of historical and cultural interest, it may not be worth the time and effort it takes to get to the lake. One of the main attractions is the Mungo Man, the remains of an ancient human who lived at the site more than 40,000 years ago. Visitors can also explore the cultural and historical sites in the Willandra Lakes World Heritage Area.
- Coastal walk at Bouddi National parkBouddi National Park has an amazing coastal line and unique flora. The park is named after the local Aboriginal name of the area.
- The Best Hats at the Royal AscotThe Royal Ascot is Britain’s most valuable one, attracting many of the world’s finest racehorses to compete for millions of pounds in prize money.
- Spectacular views of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Spain on our Emirates flightWe thoroughly enjoyed views from the Emirates A380 on the way from Dubai to Madrid.