The Gourmet Campers
About us (coming soon) … and more…
- The haunted mountain of Masirah ISLANDThe local legend says that the mountain is haunted. I didn’t see any jinns (Arabic: جن,) other than Egyptian vultures. Strangely enough, my phone’s GPS completely malfunctioned and didn’t record adequate altitude. Nevertheless, the place is remarkable – offering incredible views of Masirah island and strange rock features. Some sources referred to this mountain as Red Mountain or Jebel Al Hamra (Jabal Humr).
- Traditional camel racing in OmanIt’s not easy to find a place to watch traditional camel racing as usually there is a limited amount of information about where it happens and you need to befriend a local man before. It took us about a year to finally find the place.
- Al Khalouf Beach and hidden caveAl Khalouf or Al Khaluf is a small village between Bar al Hikman and Sugar Dunes. The place is worthy visiting as the port is quite busy and there is an interesting hidden cave best viewed at low tide.
- Scenic and desolate – Wadi Ash Shuwaymiyah, OmanWadi Ash Shuwaymiyah in Oman an amazing wadi for adventure seeking travelers who want to test their off-road and navigating skills.
- Black mountains of Ras Madrakha, OmanRas Madrakah is an excellent day-trip opportunity for anyone visiting Duqm or on the way to Salalah (through Hasik). The place offers fantastic camping spots overlooking black mountains and golden sand beaches. Also great bird spotting and off-roading, with nice weather even during the hot summer months.